This federally funded program is designed to help employers hire and train new employees for full-time, long term employment (full-time is considered to be 32 hours per week). Employers may be reimbursed up to 50% of wages earned by eligible new trainees while they learn their job (for up to 6 months and a maximum reimbursement of $8000 per employee).
You choose the candidate. All hiring decisions are yours.
Training is individually tailored to your business needs.
We reimburse up to 50% of their wages (for up to 6 mo. or a max of $8000)
- Hands on training done by you
- An Investment in your company
- Minimal paperwork with a fast turn around
- Reimbursement of up to 50% of trainee’s hourly wage
- You retain all hiring decisions
- Fast approval
Important Things To Remember
- OJT paperwork MUST BE in place before the employee’s first day of work
- Employers must offer the same treatment and compensation for workers in OJT as workers in the same or similar positions
- Employers must not have laid off workers from the same/similar positions, and may not use OJT to displace current workers or reduce their hours, wages or benefits
Want to get started?
*An OJT agreement must be developed before new employees are hired. Funding is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Total reimbursement cannot exceed $8,000, and the length of the training period cannot exceed six months.
Register your company with OhioMeansJobs Delaware County as a potential OJT employer BEFORE an employee begins working. (Registration is required once a year.)
Choose your candidate. OhioMeansJobs Delaware County must speak to the candidate immediately (BEFORE their start date) so that we can notify you if the the candidate is eligible.
Enroll New Employee
Once you your candidate is determined eligible, we will work with you to create a Training Plan to begin the enrollment process for your employee. We just need to get your signature along with the employee’s signature, and we are ready to go.
Train and Get Paid
Begin training your new hire “on-the-job” and submit your monthly invoices to OhioMeansJobs Delaware County for reimbursement of the allotted training funds!