OhioMeansJobs Delaware County provides local businesses with the resources to assist with hiring, training and retention needs.
OhioMeansJobs.com is a web-based service for Ohio-based companies to find tools to assist them in attracting, hiring, retaining and advancing their workforce. These self-service options are available to all employers, 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. The site allows employers to post jobs, search resumes, take advantage of federal, state and local employment programs and more. Sign up online HERE (you will need your FEIN and State Tax Withholding Number to enroll).
If you’re interested in our staff posting the position for you, please complete our form and submit to email@example.com.
On-the-Job Training is a federally-funded program that helps employers hire and train individuals for long-term employment.
- You Hire – Select your own candidates
- You Train – Training is tailored to your specific business needs and not limited to certain job types.
- Participation is simple! You agree to hire, train and retain employees and we will reimburse you up to 50% of their wages (up to $8000) for up to 6 months.
The purpose of the Incumbent Worker Training is to support training projects that will benefit employers by assisting the skill development of existing employees that have been with their respective company for six months or more. The training is expected to lead to the creation of new jobs, retention of jobs, increased wages for better-trained workers, a higher-skilled workforce, and a more profitable business climate.
OhioMeansJobs Delaware County wants to make sure you take advantage of the credits and deductions offered to employers. Check them out at the IRS website:
This tax credit is available from the State of Ohio to Employers for hiring from one or more of the target groups:
- Unemployed Veterans (including disabled veterans)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) recipients
- Food Stamp (SNAP) recipients
- Designated Community Residents (living in Empowerment Zones or Rural Renewal Counties)
- Vocational Rehabilitation Referred individuals
- Supplemental Security Income recipients
- Summer Youth Employees (living in Empowerment Zones)
- Long-term Unemployed
Research industry-specific data and labor market information HERE
- Outplacement activities to assist workers in finding new jobs including comprehensive employment search training, resume development and networking skills
- Coordination of delivery of services to the employees
- Information on career assessment